Cheapest generic viagra IndyTechFest is teh awesome!
Cheapest generic viagra I was privileged enough to be a speaker alongside some other ridiculously awesome regional speakers (and even had a few of them IN my presentation!)… star struck having @dburton, cheapest generic viagra @timwingfield, cheapest generic viagra @skimedic, cheapest generic viagra and other community leaders like @myotherpants and @maggielongshore in the audience. I am truly humbled. Thanks to the organizers for allowing me to practice my teaching, cheapest generic viagra and thanks to those that sat through my talk for supporting me (and also, cheapest generic viagra thanks for the positive feedback from those I talked to afterwards!). [Side note: If you want to see my slides: http://github.com/jonfuller/presentations/tree/master/mongo/]
Cheapest generic viagra The best part, cheapest generic viagra however, cheapest generic viagra had nothing do with any presentation at the event. It had to do with the amazing conversations we had in the Open Spaces area hosted by @alanstevens. I hung out there ALL day (except for when I was presenting), cheapest generic viagra and got more out of any one open space topic than I have at entire conferences before.
Cheapest generic viagra We talked about Ruby on Rails, cheapest generic viagra IronRuby, cheapest generic viagra Public Speaking, cheapest generic viagra Technical Speaking, cheapest generic viagra Running a User Group, cheapest generic viagra Linchpins, cheapest generic viagra Alt.Net, cheapest generic viagra Software Craftsmanship, cheapest generic viagra DVCS (hg and git specifically)…
Cheapest generic viagra I’ll pause and let that list of topics sink in. For me, cheapest generic viagra that list is like a holy grail of a developer conference.
Cheapest generic viagra Most of this was deep discussion about the topic at hand by some great minds/leaders in the area. All of the aforementioned folks plus @jayharris, cheapest generic viagra @alanbarber, cheapest generic viagra @jademason, cheapest generic viagra @garrinmf, cheapest generic viagra@arktronic, cheapest generic viagra @browniepoints were together having these conversations, cheapest generic viagra and it was really exciting (at least for me) hanging out with these guys and learning so much from them.
Cheapest generic viagra For me, cheapest generic viagra this year, cheapest generic viagra IndyTechFest was about the people and the interactions I had with them. What was it for you?
Cheapest generic viagra I can’t wait for next year.
Generic ogden viagra There isn’t much I dislike more than asking a question at a high level and getting an answer back that feels demeaning because the answerer explains everything to me from the ground up [without ever pausing to breathe or giving me an opportunity to say ‘Yeah, generic ogden viagra I know, generic ogden viagra move on’]. Generic ogden viagra I typically already understand the details, generic ogden viagra or don’t care at this point, generic ogden viagra which is why it's so frustrating (to me).
Generic ogden viagra I hadn’t ever really thought [at least not too much] about how to solve this problem until I heard Matt verbalize it like this a couple months ago:
Generic ogden viagra I first try to gauge where the person is, generic ogden viagra and try to respond at a similar level. I also adjust the response as I get visual feedback from the person as they are listening to my response.
Generic ogden viagra Whoa.
Generic ogden viagra I have been acutely aware of a person’s inability to do this every time I ask a question ever since I heard Matt say this (Shoot! Now I’m ruined!).
Generic ogden viagra So here is how I try to debug your question (and you) so I don’t irk you off when you come to me with a question:
- Think about the problem first. Generic ogden viagra
- Understand the problem/Be empathetic. Generic ogden viagra
- Assess where you are in the solution space of the problem, generic ogden viagra so I can give an answer in a neighborhood relevant to you. Generic ogden viagra
- Start trying to help solve the problem. Generic ogden viagra
- Be clear and specific. Generic ogden viagra
- Change my response based on any feedback I'm receiving from you (verbal or otherwise). Generic ogden viagra
- Respond with help that leads you into the pit of success. Generic ogden viagra
Generic ogden viagra I’ve come up [involuntarily… sorry, generic ogden viagra just something I do] with a list of don’ts when I ask you a question as well:
- Don’t blow me away with your superior knowledge/expertise/arrogance/cockiness/awesomeness. I already know you’re awesome… that’s why I asked you!
- Don’t drown me with inane details. Generic ogden viagra
- Don’t be condescending. Generic ogden viagra
- Don’t be vague. Generic ogden viagra
- Don’t pretend to know if you don’t. (Hint: I can tell when you don’t!)
- Don’t yell at me, generic ogden viagra or yell about someone/something else, generic ogden viagra or go off the hook for some other reason. Generic ogden viagra Not cool. Generic ogden viagra
Generic ogden viagra Reflecting over those two lists, generic ogden viagra looks like the moral of the story: Be a good listener, generic ogden viagra be resepectful, generic ogden viagra don't be an a-hole. Generic ogden viagra Sounds about right
Generic ogden viagra Do you run into this (or think about it)? How do you try to solve it (from both sides of the question)?